Saturday, May 28, 2011

It Is ON!

Oh, that's right! It IS ON!

We have super nice neighbors, don't get me wrong. However, she is stealing all of my birds! Okay, okay. Not really stealing. She clearly has more to attract the birds; Better feeders, MORE feeders, appropriate food. No wonder she's got all the birds over there.

I have seen a male American goldfinch over there, a male house finch, and a lot of others that I have yet to identify. It is nice to see them but I want them at my house :) Soooo.. I went and bought another shepherd's hook (a double) and tomorrow I am going to get a couple more feeders. I plan to designate one of them to thistle which finches really enjoy. They sell sock like feeders (there are cloth with tiny holes for the birds to grasp on to and for them to feed through), so I may get one of those. I am not sure yet.

I forgot to mention there is another bird I identified.
His picture is below and this is a white-breasted nuthatch. A very cool bird because it kind of sits funny. Bright blues on it too :)


I hope to post pictures of my set up soon. I just keep forgetting to take pictures! :P

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment